How to Set Up a Fund
We invite you to take the next steps toward realizing your philanthropic vision. We will support you through the process with professional expertise, solutions and resources to help you achieve your giving goals.
- Discuss your goals with us… and with your family and/or your professional advisors.
- Determine what you would like to give.
- Select a name for your fund—recognizing your family name or the issues you support.
- Meet with The Youngstown Foundation staff to discuss your vision, select the type of fund and finalize the document.
- Give your gift to The Youngstown Foundation.
- Enjoy the simplicity of your new fund as you support your favorite charitable causes.
- Your fund becomes a lasting legacy supporting generations to come.
To start a fund today, contact Jan Strasfeld, Executive Director at 330-744-0320 or email
How Can We Help You?
Philanthropy should be a joy, not a burden. Use the Foundation and its resources to make your giving simple and satisfying. We will...
- Manage the charitable fund you create by overseeing investments, accounting, and maintaining records.
- Work with you to develop and implement a strategy for your philanthropy.
- Work with family members, including children and grandchildren, to help them develop an effective structure and framework for family giving.
- Provide personalized grantmaking services, offer information about opportunities, and provide research/referrals on areas of particular interest to you.
- Offer individual or group site visits on topics of interest, as well as educational forums.
- Issue regular financial reports detailing the status of your fund.
- Consolidate your ongoing contributions through one charitable fund.
- Maximize efficiencies by spreading costs of administration and investment management among a growing number of funds. We are able to offer substantial cost savings over private foundations, and small funds particularly benefit from the diversified portfolio.